DetikForum

DetikForum (http://forum.detik.com/index.php)
-   English Only (http://forum.detik.com/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   What do you like best about Indonesia? (http://forum.detik.com/showthread.php?t=112549)

kukubuncit 27th July 2009 02:24

What do you like best about Indonesia?

The Jakarta traffic! Oopss sorry just kidding.. :D

Eating
meat ball soup/ 'bakso' and 'cendol' by the side of the road or even in the car.

I miss that 'bakso' and 'cendol' very much! :ngiler:

I am interested in your responses guys. Sugary sweet ‘cendol’ is available :)

So, happy posting! :roses:

aurahati 27th July 2009 03:13

My opinion , the best of indonesia is wonderful nature, warm place with beautiful beaches, mountains, lakes, rivers, rice field, rain forest, amazing animals, 12 hours shining day and 12 hours night, the sun always rise and goes down at the same time. No one another countries as perfect as Indonesia about the nature .

About food , not really be the best . Because I like another countries foods too like Indian food, Italian food, spanish food.....or Japanese food are my favorite.

There is something that always make me missing Indonesia, about family relationship, but some part of that I hate it.

peace_maker 27th July 2009 09:25

Indonesia is one of the greatest paradise in earth. We have so many magnificent and beautiful natural landscape resources, like our beautiful sea, river etc, ex. like Raja empat @ Papua, where all the diver in the world goes there to snorkling, Papandayan mount @ Garut, mount Bromo, Ujung genting @ Sukabumi, etc. Our unique culture & tradition also very interesting, well when my Japanese sensei said that she was learning bout Sundanese culture like playing gamelan, sundanese cuisine, sundanese dance and folklore, that really amaze me. when I knew that foreigners has a great attention to our own culture, well why don't we ? :thatsrite:

Nakajima 27th July 2009 14:38

many things make me love indonesia

many things make me love indonesia..
1. the scene: i can find many beautiful scenes: mountaints, seas, beaches, hills, or even snow in irian jaya :lol:
2. the magnificent cultures. none nation in this world has very many and great various cultures alike indonesia... as far as i know, from language, we have more than 10.000 languages... amazing!
3. the people. if you find out and ask many foreigners, what makes them like Indonesia, they will answer: the people are friendly.. i guess: yes (eventho we cant generalize it.. but i find it's as a true statement in common)
4. Foods. we have many many unique and yummy foods...

tomato 27th July 2009 22:35

1. The unique cultures.
2. The friendly people that always smile no matter do right or wrong.
3. The united people (for some reason: like bombing etc.)
4. The creative people. So many fake things found in this country. Isn't that creative?

I luv Indonesia. ever...:good:

yasmine 28th July 2009 05:07

I like everything about Indonesia..............I was born there, my mom raised me there, feed me with all kind of Indonesian foods, it's culture, it's condition, in no any circumtance I still love Indonesia no matter what , eventhough I'm not living there anymore.....

I miss Indonesia so much and I love Indonesia

Ela.K3000 28th July 2009 13:43

The food, an island and the mountain are best i do like of Indonesia. It's my country anyway :)

kukubuncit 29th July 2009 03:00

Thank you to all of you who have shared your points.
Quote:

Originally Posted by peace_maker (Post 8592723)
Raja empat @ Papua, where all the diver in the world goes there to snorkeling. when my Japanese sensei said that she was learning bout Sundanese culture like playing gamelan, sundanese cuisine, sundanese dance and folklore, that really amaze me.

Check this 10 of the world's best surf sports and we are on the second place.
Our traditional 'angklung' music is taught in S'pore school. Wonderful!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakajima (Post 8595990)
many things make me love indonesia..
1. the scene: i can find many beautiful scenes: mountaints, seas, beaches, hills, or even snow in irian jaya :lol:
2. the magnificent cultures. none nation in this world has very many and great various cultures alike indonesia... as far as i know, from language, we have more than 10.000 languages... amazing!

I heard that too Irian has snow. Awesome!

Indonesia is an amazing and beautiful country with about 300 cultures with its own individual language or dialect. We can enjoy our culture when we go to every corner of Indonesia.

Indonesia is the largest archipelago and the fifth most populous country in the world with about 224 million inhabitants. And yes there are thousands of regional languages in Indonesia.

Indonesian food is just simply the best esp Sundanese food, but it depends on your tongue anyway hehehehe..
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomato (Post 8600531)
1. The unique cultures.
2. The friendly people that always smile no matter do right or wrong.
3. The united people (for some reason: like bombing etc.)
4. The creative people. So many fake things found in this country. Isn't that creative?

I luv Indonesia. ever...:good:

Yea, when I asked my foreign friends, they said, Indonesian people are friendly. Just call any person you see on the street, they will sincerely help you and give you directions. They always smile at foreingers, but do they do the same at us?

Okay, dont bring up the bad side too much on this thread. :hface:

One more thing I like about Indonesia is the Rp. 5000 DVD movies with has the same quality as the original one. :D

I like my own country anyway no matter what.

Secondman 29th July 2009 10:47

warm and friendly citizens.

lovelyolive 29th July 2009 12:02

What I Like best about Indonesia
is Food, food, and Food :naksir::naksir: :naksir::naksir:

:ngiler: :ngiler: