View Single Post
Old 11th July 2011, 13:58
vympel
Addict Member

vympel is a new comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by large.bathers View Post
Hi Vympel
I tried to compare the effectiveness TNI-AU purchase 6 F-16 Block 52 (new) and receive 24 F-16 Block 15 (Grant)... US consider to upgrade 'the F-16 grant' to Block 32, but thats not for free.. Indonesia have to pay the upgrade cost.. so, i really wondering which one is more effective? especially for our budgeting... for now and for future..

I mentioned our neighboring countries didn't intend to compare F-16 to their First Row... I understand thats not equally objective.. I just think, if RSAF, RMAF, and RTAF strengthen their First Row, Why don't we purchase F-16 Block 52 in order to make F-16 get near to their First Row Fighter Aircraft ... in some country like Poland, F-16 block 52 is their First Row Fighter Aircraft.
Hi Mr Large.bather,

Its a subjective matter, either to have 6 unit of Block 52 or to have 24 block 15? what can I say is simple,

1. Go for block 52 if US allowed TNIAU to have AIM120C BVRAAM. 6 unit of block 52 with BVRAAM more deadly if compare to 24 unit of block 15 without BVRAAM.

Why, having F16 with BVRAAM will make those a/c in the first row air fleet, since Su27/30 doesnt have modern BVRAAM i.e R77.

2. Go for block 15 if no AIM10C BVRAAM, or in other words if US allowed TNIAU to get WVRAAM / SRAAM only. why, since the F16 only using WVRAAM, those a/c will be in second fleet of TNIAU..although Sukhois also doesnt have BVRAAM, but the radar for Sukhois are more superior compare to Block 15.

So, if the budget permitted (ada ongkosnya) and US allowed, better to has 6 F16 Block 52, although limited in number (only six as you said) but more superior compare to Block 15 F16. More over, in now a days, in conventional war, we would not to sent all our a/c to attack enemy, just few of it in any series of engagment.

If not, and US dont allowed, better to stick on the Hibbah program. At least TNIAU has the a/c.

Agreed on you, Polish people still using F16 Block 52 since their a/c were armed to teeth (AIM120C7 if not mistaken). And more over, their style of air engangement and doctrine is diferent from us, since their geographical and sea boundries not same as we in this asean region..

Last edited by vympel; 11th July 2011 at 14:01..