View Single Post
Old 9th February 2010, 16:19
fastest_girl
Registered Member

fastest_girl is a new comer

Ikut share yah mamuya

‘My Name Is Khan’ to premiere in Abu Dhabi

Fox Star Studios and Imagenation Abu Dhabi are working together on the distribution of the highly anticipated film, My Name is Khan, from director Karan Johar, starring Bollywood megastars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.

The film will have its world premiere in Abu Dhabi on February 10th, followed by its European premiere on February 12th during the Berlin International Film Festival.

In My Name Is Khan, Shah Rukh Khan stars as Rizvan Khan, an unconventional hero who embarks on an incredible journey across America in order to win back the love of his life.

Along the way his unique brand of goodness and humanity touches the lives of many and inspires a nation.

This powerful and reflective film shows how the relationship between the Western world and Islam has changed in recent years through one family s journey and how 9/11 impacted their lives.

My Name is Khan, at its core, an epic love story between two people who have a unique way of seeing the world, but what sets it apart is the landscape on which the story unfolds, says director Karan Johar.

My Name is Khan reunites Shah Rukh Khan named by Time magazine as the world’s biggest movie star and Kajol for the first time in eight years.

They previously starred in five films together, including Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, all of which were blockbuster hits that established the pair as Bollywood’s hottest on screen couple.

Mohammed Khalaf Al Mazrouei, Chairman of Imagenation Abu Dhabi said: “We are very happy to work together with Fox Star Studios and believe that My Name is Khan is a powerful and important film that the world must see.”

Vijay Singh,CEO Fox Star Studios said: “My Name is Khan is a very special film that brings together the finest Indian talent with a powerful story that will have relevance for audiences globally. It s a powerful love story set against the challenges of today s contemporary world.”

Imagenation Abu Dhabi CEO, Edward Borgerding, added: “Since its formation, Imagenation has intended to participate in the best of world cinema and, thus, the opportunity to partner on My Name is Khan with its outstanding Bollywood talent is a great first step toward achieving this objective. The movie itself is a powerful reflection of the current state of racial profiling and discrimination pre- and post 9/11 in the USA, which is told in an accessible and entertaining way we are convinced it will captivate audiences not only in India and the Indian Diaspora, but also audiences around the world.”

Imagenation Abu Dhabi was launched in September 2008 to develop, finance and produce full length feature films and digital content for Arabic and global markets.

From its base in Abu Dhabi, the company has established partnerships with high-profile, internationally based producers such as National Geographic, Participant Media and Hyde Park Entertainment to develop and create content for distribution internationally, in addition to supporting Middle East filmmakers and Arabian film production.

http://news.qatarguidebook.com/my-na...abu-dhabi.html