Thread: Galeri KNIL
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2009, 21:15
miqu
Mania Member

miqu has become a superstarmiqu has become a superstarmiqu has become a superstarmiqu has become a superstarmiqu has become a superstarmiqu has become a superstarmiqu has become a superstar

Default Galeri KNIL

Penjelasan menyusul, jika ada Foto KNIL,monggo diposting

Quote:
This is my first attempt to recolor the vintage photograph. The photograph is the parade of the forces of Legion of Pakualam and the half forces of the 4th infantry batallion of K.N.I.L. (Dutch Colonial Forces) in Yogyakarta in the year of 1890. Anyway the indonesian troop (except the ambonnese and menadonese) still barefooted at that time except for the officers.

Photograph by K.I.T.L.V.
[IMG]http://3.bp.********.com/_R2j3wEPxqX0/SF9hFgfjhoI/AAAAAAAAAUw/5d2eA2riG4o/s1600/KNIL-A03.jpg[/IMG]

Historical background

Some 12,500 Moluccans arrived in the Netherlands in 1951. Their arrival was a temporary solution to the political problems in Indonesia that had developed after the transfer of sovereignty and the disbandment of the Dutch colonial army (KNIL).
As the situation was expected to be temporary, the Moluccans were housed in isolated camps. However, a short-term return proved impossible. From 1956 onwards, Dutch policy making was aimed at integration: The self-support rule was introduced and new wards were built for Moluccans.
The 1960s and 1970s were an age of radicalisation. The hijackings that took place caused a great deal of tension between the Moluccan community and Dutch society. In the 1980s, the focus shifted towards social issues like employment, welfare and education.
Over the past few decades, an increasing number of Moluccans have started visiting the Moluccas. This has given a new impulse to the experience of Moluccan traditions in the Netherlands, especially among third and fourth-generation youths.

Selamat datang ke Surga para Koruptor
Makmur sejahtera berkat nyolong uang rakyat Indonesia

Last edited by miqu; 27th August 2009 at 21:22..