View Single Post
Old 12th July 2011, 21:18
vympel
Addict Member

vympel is a new comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by large.bathers View Post
about budget, i thought that TNI-AU definitely calculate the cost for ammo and US permission when they (TNI-AU) planned to purchase 6 F-16 Block 52... thats why indonesian parlement (commision 1 DPR) asked why TNI-AU changed the plan from purchase F-16 (the new one) with F-16 (used)... TNI-AU said that receive 24 F-16 (used) more effective than purchase the new one... so, thats why i'm wondering, is that true about the effectiveness?

because in fact, indonesia have to upgrade the hibbah program (To block 32) which is we need to allocate the budget for that. both program (hibbah and purchase the new one) for sure will involve huge money, but the question is which one is good for now and for future??
Well, I do not totally familiar with TNIAU and Indonesian Gov minded of thinking. But, to me, if TNIAU already has the budget to get new F16 with BVRAAM (which is totally expensive), why not those budget were put in getting BVRAAM from Rusian, R77 for Sukhois?

Vypmel can provide R77 to TNIAU without any limation, just pay them and you get the missile.

Comparing to have AIM120C5, TNIAU will have the dificulities in buying in (in term of congress agreement) and the number (unit) of the misile (if permitted by the US congress) will be an issue since not only the permission to sell need to get from them, but the quantity of the missile also an issue.

If I am the head of Indonesian Gov, within the budget allocate to buy new F16 and BVR Misile..what will I do is to..

1. instead of tyring to get AIM120C from western block, I prefer to get R77 vympel BVRAAM, R27 MRAAM and R37 SRAAM. With Russian, there is no limitation on the number/quantity..you will get what you paid.

2. Then, I will accept the hibbah program and the budget to buying 6 new brand F16 will be used to upgrade some of the a/c (from the hibbah program) and the balance I will get AIM9X for each a/c.

With this action, my Sukhois are armed to teeth, and my F16 also upgraded with better version and of course, with misile.

thus, TNIAU will have the long range warfare via Sukhois and WVR range warfare via F16, so the budget is well used and all a/c (both Russian and Western) will get the benefit..not only for the western a/c only. To me, its far more better.

What is the main purpose to TNIAU is to ensure the Sukhs get a good armed and well armed, not just thinking of getting new a/c from western and one day, the issue of no BVR, or no misile will be come accross in our mind.

Last edited by vympel; 12th July 2011 at 21:29..