View Single Post
Old 17th August 2013, 05:52
Blacklight
Addict Member

Blacklight has become a starBlacklight has become a starBlacklight has become a starBlacklight has become a star

[center]Liverpool's Legend & Famous Quotes

More quotes:

* "It's great grass at Anfield, professional grass!" Bill Shankly comparing the Anfield pitch to other grounds.
* "It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against." Bill Shankly about the 'This is Anfield' plaque.
* "Where are you from?" "I'm a Liverpool fan from London." "Well laddie, what's it like to be in heaven?" Bill Shankly to a Liverpool fan.
* "Son, you'll do well here as long as you remember two things. Don't over-eat and don't lose your accent." Bill Shankly to Ian St John.
* "Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son." Bill Shankly to Kevin Keegan.
* "He couldn't play anyway. I only wanted him for the reserve team!" Bill Shankly upon hearing Celtic's Lou Macari had snubbed Liverpool in favour of a move to Manchester United.
* "Yes Roger Hunt misses a few, but he gets in the right place to miss them." Bill Shankly to a reporter
"Laddie, I never drop players, I only make changes." Bill Shankly to a journalist who criticised his team selection..

We are the real people's club." Sammy Lee
"I hate talking about football. I just do it, you know?" Robbie Fowler
"Anyone who doesn't learn from Ian Rush needs shooting." Robbie Fowler
"I used to hate Ian Rush when I was young, because I was a devout Evertonian in those days, and he seemed to score every time Liverpool played against us. It's strange to think he used to support Everton too when he was a kid. He was brilliant to me at Anfield always giving me good advice." Robbie Fowler
"Ever since I started at Liverpool as a kid the fans have taken to me and any player will tell you when the supporters of your club are behind you then that helps an awful lot. I just can't thank them enough. They've given me so much support over the years and I'm grateful for that." Kop hero Robbie Fowler
"Honest to God, I'm so happy it's frightening! I'm just so chuffed - that's all I can say. Obviously since I have left, deep down I have always wanted to come back and it has been a long time but I'm glad to say I'm back now." Robbie Fowler on his return to Anfield.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary... it's what being a professional footballer is all about." Steve McMahon
"It's best being a striker. If you miss five then score the winner, you're a hero. The goalkeeper can play a blinder, then let one in… and he's a villain." Ian Rush
"If Shankly was the Anfield foreman, Paisley was the brickie, ready to build an empire with his own hands." Tommy Smith
"If Shankly had been paid overtime, he'd have been a millionaire." Tommy Docherty on Bill Shankly
"He was the greatest person I know." Ron Yeats on Bill Shankly
"I always carry a picture of him, he comes into my conversation a lot; I learned a lot from him and owe the man a great deal." Kevin Keegan on Shankly
"He's better than Platini, certainly better than Rumminegge and Maradona. For me he is the greatest footballer in the world." Graeme Souness on Kenny Dalglish
"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero said. "I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there. I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."
"The only thing I fear is missing an open goal in front of the Kop. I would die if that were to happen. When they start singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I've actually been crying while I've been playing". Kevin Keegan
"This was a special atmosphere only Anfield can produce. This was St Etienne part two and the fans cheered every tackle and it's one of the greatest nights in this football club's history." Phil Thompson after Liverpool's 2-0 victory over Roma in the Champions League 2002

"How could I leave after a night like that? It was the greatest night of my life." Steven Gerrard after winning the Champions League in Istanbul.
"It was reported that we'd have 20,000 fans out here but there was much more than that. They are unbelievable and I dedicate this victory to them. We were a different team in the second half but by extra time we were running on empty and I'll admit were playing for penalties at the end." Steven Gerrard after winning the Champions League in Istanbul.
"They have done the city proud, they performed brilliantly and I always knew they were going to win. I was proudly wearing my scarf in No 10." Prime Ministers wife and Liverpool fan Cherie Blair after seeing the Reds win the Champions League.
"Carra came up to me after extra time and said 'Remember Grobbelaar and the rubbery legs of 84 - and do the same. Dance, do anything, put them off'!" Istanbul hero Jerzy Dudek after his penalty saving heroics.
"My brother phoned me the morning after the game and asked me had I seen the match again? I said no and he said you need to see it because your save from Schevchenko was the hand of the God. I told him I didn't know how I did it." Jerzy Dudek.
"It is one of the greatest finals of all time and the save Jerzy Dudek made from Shevchenko at the end was unbelievable. I can't believe we've won. He'll be a legend now, not just for the penalties but because of the Shevchenko saves in the game itself. They were unbelievable." Jamie Carragher on Istanbul hero Jerzy Dudek.
"I went so mad that I must have had a bit of a blackout. I just crashed to the floor somewhere and I can't remember a single thing that was going on around me for a few moments. What I do remember as I was lying on the floor was starting to cramp up again!" Jamie Carragher recalls how he felt after Dudek saved the decisive penalty from Schevchenko in Istanbul.
"Managers have to be like actors at times and Rafa Benitez deserves an Oscar for his half-time performance in the dressing room during the Champions League Final. His half-time performance when all was lost in Istanbul was the most astonishing of the whole amazing night." Sir Bobby Robson saluting Rafael Benitez after Liverpool's victory in Istanbul.
"What Rafa has done this season surpasses, without any doubt, what any other manager has done. Jose Mourinho has won the league for Chelsea in his first season and made a real impact in England. But it doesn't come even close to winning the European Cup in your first season. Now Rafa can go and tell any press conference he likes, as Jose did, that he's the true champion. Mourinho can't say that any more. So is Rafa the special one too? Well, he is to Liverpool fans." Jamie Carragher.
"This is the best moment in my professional career. I am a European champion, and I cannot believe it." Xabi Alonso on the feeling of becoming a Champions League winner.
"I didn't sleep with the European Cup but it was in my room! It was just special and I just had to have the cup with me, lifting the cup as Liverpool captain was just the best moment of my life." Steven Gerrard on who he spent the night with after the Istanbul final.
"We were sitting in the dressing room and we could clearly hear thousands of fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Can you imagine how that felt? We were 3-0 down in the Champions League final and all we could hear were 45,000 people letting us know they still believed in us. We knew they had endured a long journey and made so many sacrifices to be there. It was at that point we started to believe too." Luis Garcia on what inspired the amazing comeback in Istanbul.
"When you have the best player in the world in your side then you know that anything is possible. I was just praying for somebody to do something special and Stevie came up trumps again. When the ball hit the net I felt like running over to him to give him a big kiss but then I decided against it! Gerrard is the best for me. He is still young, he's got everything in his game and he can do whatever he wants in football. It was just brilliant to win the final. The odds were against us at one stage but there's a great belief in this team now and we never believe we are beaten." John Arne Riise hails FA Cup hero Steven Gerrard.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.
"I'd put Steven in the top five or six players in the world. In my opinion, I would say he was probably the best. I don't think anyone else could play for Liverpool and do more than he does." Jamie Carragher on Steven Gerrard
"When I was a teenager I saw the Kop on TV and, for me, they are the best supporters in the world.” Gonzalo Rodriguez
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club
"I wanted to show everybody that I'm still a good footballer, that I still have something to say. I think I have succeeded with that goal and that penalty. It wasn't a nice view at half time, but we wanted to get a goal for our fans as we didn't want them to be sad. I'm spellbound by it all, this is maybe the greatest moment in my career." Istanbul hero Vladimir Smicer.
"It's the atmosphere I love. It's unbelievable. I've played in a lot of stadiums but for me there is nothing like playing at Liverpool. It must be amazing if you are a Liverpool player." Thierry Henry.

Last edited by Blacklight; 2nd September 2013 at 22:03..