View Single Post
Old 1st June 2009, 05:51
pejantan2712
Groupie Member

pejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legendpejantan2712 Super Legend

Cool English football teams to represent Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics

London 2012: Sepp Blatter gives green light for England football team

Quote:
Fifa president Sepp Blatter has officially approved the deal for exclusively English football teams to represent Great Britain at the London 2012 Olympics.

The four home nations had written to Fifa detailing their agreement for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to take no part in the Olympics but allowing England to represent Team GB.

The deal was presented to Fifa's executive committee meeting in Nassau on Sunday afterwards Blatter said all parties were happy.

It means the way is now completely clear for the British Olympic Association to announce that England will represent Team GB in the men's and women's tournaments.

Blatter said: "I'm happy because I have always said don't make a big story about this.

"You have to bring a Great Britain team for the 2012 Olympics in football, and as they are four associations then take one association to be this team.

"I said this at the very beginning and they did it. I am happy they are happy, the IOC is happy, the organising committee is happy and I hope football is happy."

The Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish FAs feared any involvement could threaten their separate identity in football, but Andy Burnham, secretary of state for culture, media and sport, earlier today condemned their stance as "narrow-minded".

Burnham said on BBC Radio Five Live: "I'm obviously pleased that the four associations have come to an agreement that there can be a Team GB.

"But I think it's very disappointing and actually a bit narrow-minded in some ways that we're just saying young talent from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can't represent that team GB.

"I understand entirely if Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland don't want to be in any way seen to support the principle of team GB... but I think it is very unfair that a young player in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland who would get a call-up to that team, would be threatened with sanctions about joining that team.

"I just feel let's put aside the politics, let's just let sports people make their own decisions and let's put the best British team on home soil."

akhirnya ada Tim GB buat olimpiade ..
walopun hanya diwakili Inggris ..

Pat : " I fear no-one. I only fear Manchester United..."